Jeff Roorda Mike Allan John Howard Jeremy McAnally Allen Mapstone
Magnus Steel Keryn Anderson Steve Verity Cherie Lee Brochure
Phone - 0404 478 421
E-Mail - jeff.JRA@bigpond.com
With an academic and professional background in surveying and civil engineering, Jeff has worked in asset and facilities management for over 20 years with a strong background in information technology and project management.
Jeff holds an Honors Degree in Civil Engineering
Jeff’s experience relevant to this project is currently involved in:
• Training in Asset Management for Local Government Across Australia for CPA’s, ALGA, IPWEA for the past 15 years in all Australian States and Territories
• Primary training and development resource for CPA’s asset management training for the past 12 years.
• Lecturer at Post Graduate Level at a number of Australian Universities for the past 10 years.
• Involvement in developing the training and implementation for the International Infrastructure Management Manual
• Mentor, Facilitator and Trainer for over 50 Councils over the past 15 years including:
i. City of Blacktown (NSW)
ii. Canterbury Council (NSW)
iii. City of Sydney (NSW)
iv. City of Playford (SA)
v. Mornington Peninsula (VIC)
vi. City of Melbourne (VIC)
vii. Rockhampton City (QLD)
viii. Pine Rivers Shire (QLD)
• Strategic policy formulation for whole of Government including:
i. Victorian Infrastructure Study (State Government and Victorian Local Government)
ii. South Australian Infrastructure Study
iii. NSW Local Government Inquiry
iv. Tasmanian Auditor Generals Inquiry into Local Government Asset Management
v. Australian National Local Roads Data System with ALGA and the Commonwealth Government.
vi. Victorian Auditor Generals Inquiry into Local Government Asset Management Funding
ALGA (Australian Local Government Association) Policy formulation projects working with Commonwealth Government Agencies for the past 15 years, including In Disability Discrimination Act impacts on Asset Management, Roads to Recovery, National Roads Data System, National Transport Policy impacts on Local Government
Technology & Communications
Phone - 0418 214 915
E-Mail - mike.JRA@bigpond.com
Mike has more than 25 years experience in information technology and communication systems implementation and project management and is a founding director of Jeff Roorda and Associates. Mike’s background is in system integration / data warehousing and data communication Networking strategies, architecture, design and planning. This has been predominantly in Wide Area Networks (WAN’s), Local Area Networks (LAN’s), and PC support and integration at strategic and operational level.
Mike leads the data capture team, who are all full time long term employees of JRA and have had extensive training and experience in multiple GIS platforms, Plan and map interpretation and field analysis techniques. Mike has developed a quality control system to ensure consistent results for both field capture and office digitisation.
Mike is currently involved in projects throughout Australia working on the following:
• Establishing processes for data transfer and audit trail in the interfaces between stand-alone asset databases and corporate systems. This includes the supply of remote computing and communications tools for data capture and update. It also includes the development of knowledge management tools for reporting enterprise performance against targets.
• The implementation of the core asset data manual and the processes for data transfer and update recommended in the management plan.
• The implementation of simple and economical data collection and maintenance techniques for textural and spatial asset information. This includes installation and tailoring of PC based tools to carry out this work and the training of selected staff to carry out ongoing improvements and modifications.
• Documenting and implementing information retrieval and reporting processes for corporate decision support as well as operational decision support within individual business units.
• Advising on network and software issues
• Implementing corporate decision support systems through the integration of various data sets into a corporate data warehouse integrated with GIS systems.
• Process modeling existing systems and processes to ensure data integrity is established and maintained for core data necessary for enterprise decision support.
• Establishing and maintaining Internet and intranet sites including the national ALGIN national local government site, the AUSTROADS National Performance Indicators, Victorian Asset Knowledge Base.
• GIS and Data Warehousing integration using SQL, Oracle, Oracle Spatial and a range of GIS platforms including MapInfo, ArcView/ArcInfo/SDE, Latitude, Maestro.
Phone - 0467
Jeremy has 25 years of experience working in Local Government including comprehensive experience in asset management. Jeremy has an in-depth knowledge of current issues facing the industry together with strong technical expertise and excellent interpersonal skills. Jeremy’s experience includes leading and facilitating change at all levels within local government organisations. He has developed and implemented Asset Management Policies, Strategies and Plans based on the IPWEA’s NAMS.Plus program and also developed and assisted councils with the creation and implementation of long-term Asset Management Development Programmes.
Jeremy also has a strong technical background with extensive experience in the implementation of Asset Management Systems including first tier Asset Management Information Systems, Maintenance Management Systems, Finance and specialised databases and applications. His expertise Includes a deep understanding of operational staff needs and attitudes through to the strategic requirements of senior management and Councillors.
Jeremy has recently undertaken asset management maturity assessments under the National Asset Management Framework and produced asset management improvement plans for over 20 councils on behalf of the NSW Division of Local Government as part of their Local Government Reform Program.
Jeremy is also an experienced and qualified trainer.
Manager and National Director Sustainable Asset Management
Phone - 0439 347 437
E-Mail - allen.JRA@bigpond.com
Allen is an experienced Civil Engineer with extensive experience in all aspects of asset management planning and operations.
Allen has senior experience in local government asset management and is involved in a series of pilot projects in NSW with the Department of Local Government and the Local Government and Shires Association Task Group examining the implementation of the recommendations of the Local Government Inquiry in NSW. Allen is one of the principal trainers for the NAMS.PLUS asset management development across Australia and has been engaged by the QLD Minister for local government to assist in the training and development of Asset Management Implementation for QLD Councils.
• Allen has worked at all levels in a range of positions in asset management strategic and operations planning in a number of Councils and has been actively involved in linking local government political, strategic and operational performance measurement and has excellent knowledge of local government political, corporate planning.
• In addition to work with a range of Councils developing a response to the recommendations of the Local Government Inquiry, Allen is currently working on or has completed Developing improving value for money service levels with;
• North Sydney Council,
• Hornsby Council,
• Gosford Council.
• Parramatta City Council
• Wingecarribee Council.
• Orange City Council.
• Clarence Regional Council.
• Muswellbrook Shire Council
• Carpentaria Shire Council
• Leichhardt Municipal Council
• City of Sydney
• Burwood Council
• Richmond Valley Council
Manager - Technical Projects
Phone - 0432 338 264
E-Mail - email@example.com
Drawing upon both public and private sector experience, Magnus is responsible for delivering technical advice and support for clients across Australia.
Magnus has 10 years experience in Finance, Information Technology and Asset Management backed by a passion to deliver technical solutions and problem solving advice. In particular Magnus has utilised his skills whereby he has moved to a position of strategic adviser on Asset Management Systems and theory in a relatively short period of time.
Utilising his qualifications and international experience, Magnus has driven several successful projects which include:
• The successful integration of Asset Management and Financial software from different platforms
• Growth forecasting for Revenue and perceived expenditures
• Asset management Database design and development
• Design of asset modelling outputs for long term financial plan
• Project Management of asset revaluations
• Developing enhancements for Asset Management software in particular Asset Register reporting and Work Order systems
• Integrating corporate wide applications to report through GIS and third party reporting tools
• Guidance on and communication of Asset Management Plans to executive levels of Local Government. Culminating in the successful adoption of funding policy whereby the Asset Management strategy drives the adopted long term financing of the organisation
• Review and advisement of streamlining business processes concerned with Asset Management
Magnus skills and experience enable him to both lead and develop technical solutions for any project he is involved in.
Phone - 0427 962240
E-Mail - Steve.firstname.lastname@example.org
MEngTech (Civil), BEngTech (Civil), MIEAust
Over 20 years experience in local government working in the planning, design, construction, maintenance,
operation and management of civil works projects specifically relating to road, bridge, drainage, water and wastewater infrastructure.
Steve has a strong asset management background with high level analytical, technical and managerial skills and experience including:
• Management of civil infrastructure assets.
• Project & civil works contract management.
• Process, systems and risk management.
• Condition monitoring and assessment.
• Infrastructure construction, maintenance and operations.
• Disaster management and mitigation planning and response.
• Investigative and analytical reporting.
Phone - 02 47517657
E-Mail - Cherie.email@example.com
Cherie has been working for JRA since 2008 and has a background in information technology, database administration and design and asset management. Cherie has had extensive experience in the preparation of knowledge management strategies, asset management plans and asset management strategies for infrastructure custodians in Australia and USA including local government, transit /public transport and highways. Experience includes extensive work on infrastructure valuations and revaluations and maturity audits and audit reports for over 50 infrastructure custodial organisations throughout Australia and USA.
Recent Projects Include
Asset management policy, strategy and plans for:
• Snowy River*
• Westlink M7
• BART (USA)
*recognized as an example of good practice in DLG – Integrated Planning and Reporting Manual for local government in NSW, March 2013)
Asset Revaluations for:
• Parramatta (Transport & Stormwater)
• Marrickville (Transport & Stormwater)
• Goondiwindi (Transport, Water & Sewer)
• Rockhampton (Transport, Site Improvements)
• Dubbo (Transport)
• Balranald (Water & Sewer)
• Wentworth (Water & Sewer)
GIS data capture for
• Ministry of Transport (NSW)
• Helpdesk for NAMS.PLUS2
Promotional brochure of the services JRA offers. (~3 Mb)